Wednesday Seniors at Village Greens are called the “Hump Day Hackers”
(Recent play results and updated player statistics now at: www.humpdayhackers.wordpress.com)
The fun begins each Wednesday at 10 am
Village Greens encourages all seniors, 55 and older, to join our Wednesday morning Senior Group
Wednesday Senior “Hump Day Hackers”.
9 AM Wednesday Seniors Formats and Rules
Effective 04/01/20 through 10/28/20
1st Wednesday: “Points Competition” Individual scores by adding points earned with handicap (Maximum Handicap is 30). Points: Bogies “1”, Pars “2”, Birdies “4”, Eagle “6”. (Handicap Group Competition). Choose your own foursome!
2nd Wednesday: “Individual NET score” (Handicap Group Competition). Individual competes with total net score (gross score minus handicap). Choose your own foursome!
3rd Wednesday: Team Competition, best two (2) scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
4th Wednesday: “Blind Partner Draw”, Teams will be chosen by clubhouse while on course. Total net score of team. (Team size based on attendance). Choose your own foursome!
5th Wednesday: “Texas Scramble” Team chooses best drive then all players play individual ball to the hole. Team scores with best two scores for each hole. Scoring is by gross scoring. Prizes for: Best Front, back, & total. All ties are shared. Each player must score at least two (2) holes per side (nine holes).
Birdie & Better Pot is awarded through elimination format.
- Teams will be drawn by “A” player blind drawer (balls in a hat) or off handicap sheet, whichever appropriate considering attendees & format.
- All players must register and pay prior to teeing off. Please arrive at least 30 minutesprior to 1st tee time of 9:00am.
- Rolling ball within12” in the rough and fairway is permissible as long as sight/flight line to the hole is not improved by such movement. A ball being played from a hazard must not be moved. (Extreme weather/course conditions may require a modification of this rule and this will be discussed prior to play).
- All “out of bounds”balls must be re-hit from original location and the player is penalized both stroke and distance.
- There will be no “GIMMES.” All putts must be played to the hole with all strokes counting up to a triple bogey (see 7 below). No exceptions please!
- “Greenies” are awarded only when a player pars the hole.Therefore, do not lift prior player’s marker until you have secured your par. Last group will bring in all markers.
- Please pick up ballafter triple bogey attempt and score a triple bogey on the scorecard.
**Please try to arrive by 8:30 AM so teams may be chosen in a timely manner. Keep pace with group in front of you, lead groups should play in no more than 4 hrs. & 20 min., and report to scorer’s table with completed score card prior to unloading in parking lot. Thanks for your cooperation! Updates and information at: www. humpdayhackers.wordpress.com
“Blind Partner Draw” 3/18/20 Results
VanderVliet, Shaw, Pearson & Carney – 290 1st
S. Wood, J Hall, J Wingo & Gabriel – 294 2nd
Ferguson, Cothran, Bradey & Linder – 296 3rd
Garrett, Mirek, Webb & Carey – 298
Quinones, Dyslin, Lambert & Dale – 300
P Wood, Wray, Fowler & Flavin – 302
Wyatt, R Wingo, Fink & Roberts – 313
Birdies or Better: #3 Flavin, #6 Gabriel, #7 J Wingo, #10 Fink (eagle), #11 J Hall (HOLE-IN-ONE!), #12 Bradey. #14 Dyslin.
Greenies: #6 Gabriel, #9 Dyslin, #11 J Hall (HOLE-IN-ONE!), #15 Bradey.
“Net, Handicap Groupings” 3/11/20 Results
Handicap 1-10: Bradey 74, Collins 76, Quinones / Acton 77 (tie), Dyslin, Wood, J Wingo & Boswell 78 (tie).
Handicap 11-14: Howell 70, Carey 71, Hood 74, Webb / Beals 75 (tie).
Handicap 15-19: Ferguson 67, Gilliam 71, Cordle 72, Wyatt / Henderson 73 (tie), J Hall / Jackson 75 (tie).
Handicap 20-30: Garrett 74, Mirek 75, Gammons 76, Dale 78.
Birdies or Better: #1 Gilliam, #4 Wood, #6 Burns, #10 Cordle, #14 Jackson, #18 VanderVliet
Greenies: #6 Parris, #9 Bradey, #11 Carney, #15 M Sanders