Events, Activities, and Results:
Call the Pro Shop today, 864-472-2411, to schedule your 2018 event!
1st VFW “Wounded Warrior Fundraiser” @ 10 am
2nd Elite AM Tour @ 9 am
7th Orthopedics Assoc. @ 1 pm
9th American Legion @ 12:30 pm
9th Scottish Rites @ 1 pm
30th Westview Ruritan @ 1 pm
LADIES EARLY SUMMER
BY CORY MCEWEN, PGA PROFESSIONAL
MONDAYS JUNE 4th, 11th & 18th
$60.00 for all 3 classes
CALL TO SIGN UP OR
SIGN UP IN GOLF SHOP
*LIMITED TO FIRST 12 SIGNUPS
Church challenge 2018
Does your church or organization have 6 or more players that enjoy golf? We at Village Greens are initiating a 12 week league program called Church Challenge. This is a fun, easy format for those to get together to play 9 holes in the afternoon. The USGA encourages 9 holes rounds of golf because it’s time friendlier and less costly. It also gets folks together for camaraderie, fun and to enjoy the game of golf.
HOW CHURCH CHALLENGE WORKS- EASY AND FUN
- A Church team picks a weekday afternoon and time to play- must have 6 or more players
- The team will play for 12 consecutive weeks starting April 1st ending by July 1st
- Village Greens will donate $1 from every paid player from the 12 weeks of league play to go toward a final 9 hole Church Challenge Tournament.
- The 9 holes Church Challenge Tournament will be scheduled for all teams to participate in on a Sunday after church at the end of July.
- The golf shop will calculate 9 holes handicaps for every player, from every church after the 12 weeks of play
- The winning team from the 9 holes Special Church Challenge Tournament at the end of July will receive the donation from Village Greens Golf Club, PLUS A WINNERS TEAM PLAQUE
CHURCH CHALLENGE 12 WEEKS LEAGUE PLAY – WEEKDAY
9 Holes Ride-$19 (reg. $22) 18 Holes Ride-$27 (reg. $32) 18 HOLES optional on league play day only
Please contact Cory McEwen PGA Professional 472-2411 for any questions and to sign up your team or questions.
CHURCH CHALLENGE 12 WEEKS LEAGUE PLAY
GUIDELINES – FORMAT AND COURSE OF PLAY
- Write the Churches name at top of the scorecard
- Write the First and Last name of each player
- Add up 9 or 18 holes scores for each player
- DOUBLE BOGIE MAX ON ANY HOLE
- Return scorecard to golf shop or if golf shop is closed – drop scorecard in drop box on back patio porch
- I will calculate 9 holes handicaps for each player for every Church Team after the 12 weeks of play
- Men play white tees, 55 and older may play gold tees, ladies red tees
- May lift clean and place one club length in own fairway
- Putt out all putts
- All other local rules and USGA rules apply
CHURCH CHALLENGE 9 HOLES TOURNEY
DATE TBD IN JULY
- 9 holes with very minimal entry fee will include golf, range, closest to the pin contest and lunch after play
- The 3 best net scores from each team will be calculated and added together
- The lowest net score total will be determined the winner AND will receive THE DONATION FROM VILLAGE GREENS to represent the winning church. Plus winners plaque
Wednesday Seniors, “Hump Day Hackers” begin each week at 10 am ( cool weather starting time). Open to the public. Visit this ling for information:
Check out weekly results of the “Everybody Plays Monday Dogfight” here: www.everybodyplaysblog.wordpress.com
DOGFIGHTS – MONDAY – WEDS – SATURDAY
Call clubhouse for details!
Please check back to this page often as scheduled events are posted in ample time for your involvement.
Schedule your Special Event today by calling the Pro Shop at 864-472-2411.
“Wednesday Seniors” each Wednesday at 8:30am, all 55 and over are welcome. Bring a friend. Visit: “Hump Day Hackers” link on Home page.